Frequently Asked Questions
How long does therapy last?
When Will I Experience the Positive Results of Counseling?
Each individual’s situation is different. There is no set time frame for therapeutic services. Where as one person may see the results they are looking for in six months, it may take another person a year or longer, and that is perfectly fine. Therapy is not a race. After a few sessions, a treatment plan is composed that is individual to your needs. This will serve as a “road map” of our journey together. It will help us “stay on track” so we can meet your goals as efficiently as possible.
Here are some factors that can impact your experience:
- How much engagement, participation, effort, and commitment you bring with you to each session and when you are not with us.
- The nature of your symptoms, including the severity and quantity, and how long you have been experiencing them
- Your resilience to working through issues, problems, concerns, and the stressors in your life
- Support from family and friends that want to see you succeed and have better mental and physical health
- Patterns in your family of origin (our pasts and where we come from matter)
- Your willingness to be open and honest with your therapist about what's going on in your life and how you are progressing